The other day I had a conversation with some friends about lines people had used as an excuse to stop seeing us. It was a pretty funny conversation, but I couldn’t remember all of mine. So, as I was driving back from the Bay Area tonight I had time to mentally review all of the lines that girls have used with me. These are in no particular order…
1) “I still love you, but I’m not in love with you anymore.”
2) “I just want to see what else is out there. How will I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you unless I date other people?””
3) “You’re too adventurous.” (I took that one as a compliment)
4) “I can’t be with you because I never went to college.” (WTF?)
5) “You’re my best friend in the world, and I love you to death…but you’re like a brother to me.” (Tough to come up with a response to that one!)
The below is my absolute favorite breakup line:
“There’s nothing wrong with you. You’re perfect and that freaks me out.”
Just for the record, almost all of the above were not from serious relationships, but rather just from girls in the dating rotation. But that doesn’t make them any less funny, does it?
Does anyone else have any good breakup lines? Share them with us!
I feel like this break up has made our relationship so much stronger
My ex dropped this one on me:
“I’ve never really felt passion with you. Well maybe a little, but I’ve never felt anything so deep and intense like I did with my ex.”
My ex-boyfriend dropped “You’re my best friend and I love you, but you need to be independent of me.”
“I want be able to see other women without hurting you.”
My favorite…and the reason he is an ex…”I just want to be able to hang out with my friends and play my Nintendo 64.” Okaaayyy.
I can’t think of any good ones I’ve had used on me, but here’s one I used on a guy I dated…
*hands him a restraining order*
I broke up with Brandon with the line… “I’m just dating too many people right now and I need a break from everyone.” But, its all good he took me back and now you and I are super awesome cousins.