The other day I had a conversation with some friends about lines people had used as an excuse to stop seeing us. It was a pretty funny conversation, but I couldn’t remember all of mine. So, as I was driving back from the Bay Area tonight I had time to mentally review all of the lines that girls have used with me. These are in no particular order…
1) “I still love you, but I’m not in love with you anymore.”
2) “I just want to see what else is out there. How will I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you unless I date other people?””
3) “You’re too adventurous.” (I took that one as a compliment)
4) “I can’t be with you because I never went to college.” (WTF?)
5) “You’re my best friend in the world, and I love you to death…but you’re like a brother to me.” (Tough to come up with a response to that one!)
The below is my absolute favorite breakup line:
“There’s nothing wrong with you. You’re perfect and that freaks me out.”
Just for the record, almost all of the above were not from serious relationships, but rather just from girls in the dating rotation. But that doesn’t make them any less funny, does it?
Does anyone else have any good breakup lines? Share them with us!